The ceramic version starts with any of our Heavy-Duty rotary airlock valves. We bond ceramic tiles to the inside of the cast iron housing and on the rotor tips. The DuraKast units are completely cast out of a hard chrome material suitable for applications with higher pressure differentials. The DuraKast units also have Stellite™ on the rotor tips for extended abrasion resistance. Both styles offer extended life over that of a standard cast iron rotary valve by as much as 6 times.
Maximum Operating Temperature: 250°F
Materials: Dry Free-Flowing Extremely Abrasive Particles
- Precision-Cut ceramic tiles bonded in place minimizing gap exposure
- Closed-End rotor designs with ceramic tiled end disc perimeter and tungsten carbide tips for prolonged wear resistance
- HVOF spray-on packing area for extended shaft life
- Ceramic can be re-ground for additional life
- Oversized housing thickness designed to be re-ground for many years of service
- Pre-Cast flange holes allow for easy field installation on new or replacement units
- Closed-End rotor with welded hard-faced stellite tips for maximum wear resistance
- End plates are hard chrome lined with an optional purging feature
- Higher pressure differentials for highly abrasive applications 650 Bhn high chrome wear resistant casting for maximum life
Contact us today to learn more.